Today my mom and I to went to Dr B’s office to grab our official timeline and the pile of paperwork we have to sign and bring back to the office! They also needed to take my blood to make sure all my levels are good to go and we picked up a prescription for an antibiotic Gannon and I will be starting today. I can’t believe we are officially about to start our second round. It seems like a whole lifetime ago that we were beginning our first round and going through this whole process.
Today was much more relaxed going over all the details. My mom and I got to sit in the back office area and just chatted away for over an hour. It was so nice to be able to ask them questions and talk about all the potential ways we can try and make this round more successful.
One thing we talked about was whether or not we should do genetic testing. For some reason, I thought we already had with all the other blood work we’ve taken, but come to find out we haven’t. We have had several miscarriages in our family so that makes me want to potentially go ahead with it. The test is called the Horizon Carrier Screening and it basically tests for up to 274 Genetic Conditions. We are going to take the weekend to process if we should go through with it or not. But at this point, the only reason that would really hold us back is an additional cost and at this point what’s a few extra dollars?!
So for our official 2016 Round 2 IVF Schedule:
- Today- Gannon and I both are going to start a round of antibiotics.
- Next Week- Gannon has to go in and give a sperm sample. Lucky guy 🙂
- August 31st- I will begin my Lupron shot. Last round I started at 0.1 ml, but this round they are going to suppress me even more and start at 0.2 to help prevent me from overstimulating.
- September 2nd- I take my last active birth control.
- September 7th- I will go in for an ultrasound and bloodwork to check how suppressed I am. This day we will bring back all our signed paperwork.
- September 11th- I officially begin my stimulation medicine and continue the lupron.
- September 15th, 17th, & 19th- I go in for ultrasound and bloodwork to see how my follicles are maturing.
- September 19th- I get the trigger shot to prepare my body for the egg retrieval. I will also take my final lupron shot and stop hormone medicine (if I haven’t already at this point). This day I will also start an antibiotic.
- September 21st- EGG RETRIEVAL!!! And I will begin my daily progesterone injections. I’ve seriously had nightmares about these shots! They hurt so bad last time.
- September 26th- If all goes as planned this will be the day I get PREGNANT!! Since I overstimulated last time, they are going to try their best to keep my levels as suppressed as possible. But I will most likely have to have a freeze all cycle like we did on our first round.
- October 5th- If the transfer goes as planned this day we will find out if we are PREGNANT!!
Obviously, this time, we know a little bit more of what to expect. I realize this timeline is just to help us anticipate how things should go. But as we have seen these past years they never do! It’s hard to accept that I will most likely be doing another freeze all cycle, which means we will have to suppress my body 4 more months before we can transfer our precious babies. But I also know that we have to do what is best for my body and our babies. What’s 4 more months when you’ve been waiting 32 months to get pregnant! And if we do a FET, then we could be getting pregnant on our 3rd anniversary of trying. So that would be the biggest blessing of all!
My prayer during this second round is that Gannon and I can have a sense of peace. This time, I feel like we have SO much pressure. Financially, emotionally, and physically. But I don’t want to focus on the “what if” this doesn’t work. Because right now my heart can only focus on the positive. My heart explodes at the thought of knowing in a few short weeks we can have precious miracles here on earth again. That I could be PREGNANT again, even if it’s until proven otherwise. So just like we have been for the past 2 1/2 years I will continue to have hope that this will work, I will trust in God’s plan, and I will have peace during this journey! I know God has us here in this exact place for a reason and I will praise him no matter the valley or the peak!
Hope you all have a blessed week!
Momma Brown 🙂