This morning we went to see Dr B to make sure my estrogen and progesterone blood levels were low enough to start the medicine for my frozen embryo transfer (FET) February 18th! I also had to get an ultrasound done to make sure my ovaries and endometrium lining are ready to get started. Today we had a training doctor there. And this isn’t the first time that has ever happened, but this time it was a man…a young man probably my age. And he was in control of the blessed wanda (the ultrasound wand) to check my ovaries and uterus. I should be used to it now, but goodness how many more people have to see my undressed from the waist down 🙂 It’s always so embarrassing! Being a woman is just so lovely sometimes!
On a different note, the good news is my body is ready to start taking Estrace, which is basically estrogen. My timeline for the next couple weeks is this (pending my body responds to the meds like they need to be):
- January 17 – I start taking Estrace 1 mg twice a day and continue my aspirin
- January 21 – I take my LAST birth control pill (Lord please let this be the final time I have to write that)
- January 25 – I continue taking 1 mg of Estrace
- January 31 – I increase to 2 mg of Estrace twice a day
- February 4 – I go see Dr B for another ultrasound/blood work and continue Estrace
- February 8 – Another ultrasound/bloodwork
- February 13 – Continue Estrace. But I begin Progesterone which is the shot I will take for the next 13 weeks
if,no WHEN I get pregnant! I will also be on Medrol twice daily and Doxycycline once daily.
- February 18 – TIME TO GET PREGNANT!!! The day we have PRAYED FOR SO LONG!! This day I will be pregnant with twins until proven otherwise or as fertility women say PUPO! Some women take valium when they do the transfer, but my nurse said I did so well during the mock transfer I don’t need it. But in reality, I had NO IDEA what they were doing! And now I do…so I’m a little scared! Prayers that I am able to relax and prepare for that day. Some women also have to go in with a full bladder depending on how their uterus sits and by the grace of Jesus I don’t have to! I’ve heard that is torture! That morning I also have to stick a lovely endometrium tablet in my vagina to prepare for the transfer. Anything for Baby Brown! 🙂
- March 3 – Pregnancy test day! This will be the most emotional and terrifying day of our entire life! Pray that during those two weeks I am not tempted to cheat and take a home pregnancy test. Our nurse has been through so much with us I really want to hear it from her. And I might even record our reaction if I think about it in the moment!
Yesterday I went to the acupuncturist and she had some needles in my ear to help me relax. When she takes them out sometimes you bleed and she says that it is actually a good thing because toxins are being released. Well, when she took some of them out she said I bled in areas that are for grief, irritation, and anger! I was like uh that is probably right! For the most part, I am good at trying to hide those emotions and not let my mind even go there. But those emotions are such a real thing! And I’m glad that they can hopefully be released with acupuncture!
Lamentations 3: 22-26 says, “The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is in my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation for the Lord.”
If you guys can just be praying for us these next couple weeks. Specifically that we will continue to trust in God’s plan. This journey has been full of emotions, fear, anxiety, and heartache. But it has also grown Gannon and me in ways, we could have never imagined. I wouldn’t change a single thing during this process because I know I am a better person because of it. Also please be praying that the side effects of Estrace are minimin. I’ve heard it can make you very emotional, give you headaches and I’m sure so many other things I don’t want to know about! Pray that God would prepare my body for these little miracles. I am terrified that we are transferring our only two precious miracle frozen babies. But I know it only takes one. And I have faith God allowed us to have two for a reason! Pray for sweet Gannon that he would take this time to prepare spiritually to be a father! What an incredible role God has been preparing for him! Goodness, my eyes fill up with tears just thinking about it! Thank you incredible prayer warriors for helping us prepare for the most incredible journey! We truly wouldn’t be able to be here without your strength and love!
Here’s my favorite song of the week!
Now let’s get this baby making process started!